Monday, November 27, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

Ok, I may be a little late with my Thanksgiving wishes, but I never blog over the holidays so today will have to do. Larry and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with a big group of our friends at the Whiteheads. I was in charge of rolls and pies. Of course I had to make my mom's famous roll recipe since Thanksgiving wouldn't be the same without them. They take forever to make, but they are totally worth it (once a year anyway). And since I'm not such a good cook I ordered my Pies from Just Pies (which, as you may have guessed, only sells pies and they are the best). You have to order your pies AT LEAST a week before Thanksgiving and there is always a huge line out the door when you pickup pies around Thanksgiving and they have all these guidelines posted on how to pick up your pie like only state your last name, not your first, then wait for them to read you your phone number and if it's incorrect you must have your confirmation number ready, etc. (which reminded me of the Soup Nazi on Seinfeld) but they're pies are worth it because they're amazing. We went with pumpkin cream cheese, banana cream, and black raspberry pie.

Larry had to work most of the weekend (from 7 a.m. on Friday to 2 p.m. on Saturday) and then he came home to sleep, but I did wake him up long enough to go to my favorite Japanese restaurant and check out video cameras Saturday night.

I hope that the rest of you had a happy Thanksgiving too!

No comments: