Sunday, March 18, 2007

These are a few of my favorite things

We've received some really amazing handmade gifts for the baby and I had to post them here so you can see them too.

Larry's Aunt Nadine made this beautiful blanket (it's folded in half here). It's so soft and cuddly, and I almost feel like it's too precious to use with the baby.
Cat made this hoodie with a block O in scarlet and gray since Larry and I are both OSU alumni. She designed it to zip up the back so we can put it on the baby without pulling it over his head. I cannot wait for it to fit the baby!
And last, but not least, Jessica, who hosted my baby shower, made all of these! There's Wadsworth the Duck and Sheldon the Turtle (his shell even comes off) and a matching blanket and hat. Jessica amazes me with all of the things she makes.Don't these gifts made you want to learn how to knit and crochet? Cat taught me how to knit well enough to make a scarf for Marissa, but it did not come naturally to me and these gifts are way beyond my skill level. I guess it's a good thing I have friends and family with skills!

1 comment:

I am Laura said...

That osu sweater was so cute and those animals were my favorite. You have talented and loving friends. I want to make some of those animals for my kids. So cute.