Thursday, January 03, 2008

A Peek into my reality that may scare you a tad!

So Larry and I are slowly working through the house, cleaning things out so the move this summer won't be quite as overwhelming, and I worked on my closet this week. I keep walking in my closet and thinking, "How can I own so much clothing and have absolutely nothing cute to wear!" I'm beginning to think that having a huge walk-in closet might be bad for me because I had some really awful clothing in there that I thought I got rid of ages ago! Yikes! Since our donations are being picked up in the morning, this is my last chance to air some of my dirty laundry (literally!) Proceed with caution and get ready to mock me.
Let us start off with the sparkly sequin purse: What was I thinking?I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad that the purse still has a tag on it; on one hand, I wasted money on something I never even used, but on the other, it means I never stepped out of the house with that monstrosity on my arm.
There were also sorts of really awful shoes. Remember these Chels? No, I wasn't holding onto them in case I someday need to dress as a pimp! These were only left in my closet because every time I go to throw them out, Larry says he loves them. This is where you can insert your support that they need to be sent far, far away. Maybe I need to mail them to Steve Madden with a little note that says something like, "Your past is back to haunt you!" No, that would be to cruel, huh? Or maybe I should hold onto them for days I need to get things off of high shelves? Oh, and let's not forget this lovely polyester blouse. At least I can say I just picked this up for my Dolores Umbridge Halloween costume, and now I am happy to release it back into the wild.

All of these beauties and more are waiting on my porch right now, and they could be yours if you make it there before the charity that's picking them up. This could be your lucky day!

4 comments:

Brittany said...

The sad thing is we probably all have something similar in our own closets...we should have a party where we have to wear our most embarrassing outfits that we actually used to wear!!! I'll wait for my invitation :)
p.s.--Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Such memories...

Chelsea said...

Before I read what you wrote about the shoes I thought, "Hey I remember those shoes...", then I saw your comment. Too funny. Ah the good old days.

Kathryn & John said...

This would be a great visual meme. You should challenge people to post their biggest mistake still hanging in their closet. I may do that, too!