Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day (except for the part when the person who was supposed to teach Relief Society wasn't there so I had to fill in, but at least I had read the lesson and everyone offered helpful comments). I slept in, didn't have to get Creed ready for church because Larry was there to take care of it, and I was incredibly spoiled (Larry got me a new watch and Creed got me a cupcake tower).

Since I neglected to take even a single picture on Mother's Day, here's a picture of what I made for our moms. I got the idea from Danielle Thompson's blog. She just bought little business card holders at Target made by Real Simple and then filled them with pictures so the grandmas could have little brag books that fit in their purses. I got pictures from family members and added a little square in the corner with the pictured person's name and the year (because I swear grandmas always have outdated pictures, "This is Johnny in his batman costume. He's seven here, but he's fourteen now. . . ")
I hope our moms enjoyed them!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Those are SO cute! I love that idea and only wish I had known about it before Mother's Day so I could have done the same :) Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I'm not one that feels comfortable making comments in blogs, but I did have to let you know how much I love the photo album that you made for me for Mother's Day. You are such a creative and talented person (and also a great Mom to my grandson).

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Such a great idea, darling and simple to do! Store that in "fabulous Steph ideas" file.

Kim Ryden said...

I love that idea! Where did you print your pictures? Did you print and cut them down or just print in wallet size? Thanks!

Steph said...

I wanted to spot about it before Mother's Day, but I didn't want to ruin the surprise. You could always pick one up now and have it ready to fill next year.

I resized my pictures in photoshop to 3 1/4" x 2" and fit three together on a 4" x 6" and them had them developed normally, but you could just have them developed wallet size and trim off the sides.

Kim said...

Steph...I love it. I spent the day with Grandpa Creed at Dr's appts. I was able to share it with him. He loved Creed's pictures. I shared it with Grandpa and Grandma Borup tonight. They loved the pictures too. I guess you will have to do it again next year so I don't become the grandma you described in the post. You can't get enough of those children and grandchildren. Thank you, thank you! I got great presents from all my girls. I'm a lucky mom!