Thursday, January 22, 2009

Mixing up a perfect Sunday

Since Larry only has Sundays off, having church at 1:00 has been a challenge.  I was so happy when the meeting time changed to 9:00 am. After church there's time for lunch and naps and then we still have a whole afternoon to spend time together.  

This Sunday was perfect.  After dinner there was still time to make Snickerdoodles and snack on cookies and milk with Creed.

And after he was off to bed we watched Holiday Inn.
Followed up by To Kill a Mockingbird
And then I went to bed with a contented sigh.

3 comments:

TX Girl said...

What a great Sunday afternoon. I love Holiday Inn, it is one of my favorite movies.

Our church was moved to 11:30. Although I miss having the afternoon, it is nice that Adam can make it to church. He rarely ever made it when it was at 9 am. There is just no way you can round that quickly.

Anonymous said...

It was the best Sunday I think I've ever had. I LOVED it. I might not have stayed awake for the Mockingbird (would have loved to though), but it was indeed a perfect Sunday. Love you Steph!

WendyandGabe said...

When I was a kid I thought Sundays were boring, now they are also my favorite day of the week. (Incidently, Sunday is the only day Gabe has off as well . . . what is with these doctors and lawyers! :) Sounds like a perfect afternoon.