Monday, March 15, 2010

Monthly To-Do List


Things I want to do in the next month:
  1. Continue searching for the letters to spell out Abra Cadabra in Creed's room. I only need to find one more A and an R. I know that I could order them online, but I sort of love the thrill of the hunt that collecting something brings. Do you collect anything? Do you feel that way?
  2. Write bunches of Thank you notes to all of our wonderful friends for all of the great things they did for us after Ollie's arrival
  3. Throw a birthday party for Creed
  4. Survive Larry going to a conference in Georgia for several days
  5. Design Ollie's birth announcements
  6. Track down and sample the Chow Truck (Haute Asian Cuisine on the go in a cart that moves around the city? I HAVE to try that!)
  7. Attend the Holi festival in two weeks (I'm not sure that we can work out babysitting though so we'll see about this one)
  8. Start taking Ollie's monthly photos
  9. Visit Wheeler Farm to see if new baby animals have started arriving
  10. Hold a Moonlight-flashlight Easter egg hunt for grown-ups
  11. Try the Sesame Chicken Salad Wrap at Les Madeleines
  12. Hit up a couple of letterboxes around the city when we need an adventure on a sunny day.
  13. Make some Easter Egg cozies when I get the crafting urge.
  14. Make good use of my new waffle iron for Belgian cookies.
  15. Grow some Wheatgrass (not to juice, we're not THAT healthy around here, just to decorate, although I have no idea where to find the seeds to get started. Whole Foods?)
  16. Visit the new Penguin exhibit at our local aquarium after it opens in two weeks (because you know how Creed adores penguins)
  17. Take some new photobooth pictures. It's been way too long since our last photobooth session and I've been saving up my single dollar bills, but I'm not sure if this one will happen because both of the booths we used near us have been removed! We'll just have to try to go when we're visiting family in Provo.
  18. Sign Creed up for swim lessons
  19. Try some new, easy dinner recipes. I am a horrible cook. Do you have any favorite recipes that you'd like to share because I don't think my family can continue to live on pancakes and frozen pizza?
Do you think that I can do it all? I'm not sure, but I'm going to try. I wrote this list yesterday and I can already cross a few things off. I'll keep you posted

9 comments:

lisa h. said...

this is a simple and really good recipe for pork roast. you can just throw it in and let it cook. it can be a little pink, that is okay, just check the temp. make whatever to go w/ it...can of green beans, mashed potatoes etc.

Seasoned Pork Loin

2-3 pound pork tenderloin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon marjoram

Mix spices/herbs and rub on pork loin. Pour a little water in pan so it doesn't burn. Cook at 325˚ for approximately 1 to 1 1/2 hours, meat temperature at 160.

KIC said...

You are so fun!
As for wheat for wheatgrass, I'm sure you could get some from someone in your ward/neighborhood that grinds their own wheat for bread. A handful would do. It's so easy to grow!

David said...

I love your photobooth pics. Can you tell me where the one is in Provo? I will be visiting soon.

Stephanie Ford said...

I think the photobooth we went to last time I was in Provo was downtown in Muse music. You might have to ask them to turn it on for you. They also have one at the K-Mart in Orem. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

I really like the turkey burgers here (scroll down). I use minced fresh shallots instead of the dried, but as long as you have the turkey, cheddar and balsamic you're golden!

http://sugarcityjournal.blogspot.com/2008/06/white-tunic-y-dotted-swiss-top-and.html

Alexis said...

I've got this easy recipe that is useful for leftover chicken and any fresh veggies you like. I posted it in my blog here: http://themagickbox.wordpress.com/recipes/sesame-pasta-chicken-salad/

The ingredients list looks long but it's mostly just the ingredients of the dressing, which you just throw together in a jar and shake.

Heidi said...

Go to www.sisterscafe.blogspot.com or www.mykitchencafe.blogspot.com I found these websites awhile ago and seriously, I haven't tried a single recipe that was bad. They give lots of detailed instructions, so even things that seem hard, like making your own bagels, turn out easy.

Sara said...

I love your blog so much! I recently tried to get a photo similar to the one your sister took of Ollie on a stack of books but with a 9 month old she's sitting up and it's not as cute. We went through a month of losing weight with breast feeding and I was a nervous wreck, I'm glad you all are doing well now. As for easy dinners, try baked spaghetti. I make a double batch since it doesn't take any longer to make 2 and I freeze one (with your family size you might get 4 nights' worth). This sounds weird but throw a pork roast in the crockpot with 1 cup of rootbeer and let it cook for 5-6 hours until it's falling apart. Shred the meat and pour on BBQ sauce for pork sandwiches. On nice evenings we'll grill steak or chicken and also grill hamburgers or hot dogs so on a night your husband is gone you can just warm up something quick.

Mom said...

Put boneless. skinless chicken breasts in the crockpot and cover with chicken bouillon. Leave it alone all day. Shred the chicken for DELICIOUS sandwiches - add barbeque sauce for the grownups if desired.