Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Speaking of Valentine's Day

Every year, I look forward to holding a Valentine's exchange with a few of my friends.  This year I questioned holding it because there's so much other work to do around here, but I love this special time with my friends and decided that it could not be skipped.

In the past, I've had an exact head count and told guests to make a Valentine to exchange with each person attending.  This year I simplified things and told each guest to bring 12 valentines.  That way people weren't stuck making 20 valentines, but I missed having a chance to chat with each and every guest and seeing what each of them made (we exchange Valentines speed dating style and have two minutes with each person).  I wish I could share them all with you, but most of the photos that I took were a blurry mess so here's what I could salvage along with a few photos snagged from friends' blogs.

Susan brought along some of her homemade tattoos (I was secretly hoping she would!)


Lisa brought some of her stoop waffles and they were amazing as always.
 Karisa handed out pencils engraved with "when this you see, think of me"
 Wendy had cinnamon pancake mix with frosting.
 Holly brought some of her homemade chocolate, (which I did not share with my family because they were too good)
 Melissa W. made little rosebud earrings that she packaged in little flowerpots.
 Nicole made candy mustaches on a stick for everyone, but she made a special set for Creed with a princess, castle, and carriage.
Kristin from Sycamore Street Press brought a card she designed
And that's apparently all I will post because Blogger doesn't seem to want me to upload any more pictures. I'll try to post what I gave out soon and maybe I'll even make it to other party details or that two week vacation that we went on . . .

1 comment:

Amy said...

What cute valentines. I didn't host mine again this year as I was in charge of the R.S. Meeting that week. But, I did throw a fun Favorite Things party last week. You can read about here: http://sometimescreative.blogspot.com/2012/03/favorite-things-party.html